Clinical Massage Fusion® - A Unique Treatment @ Body and Mind Studio®
- Traditional western medicine - this involves visiting your G.P. who will treat the problem with pharmacology (drugs), surgery or referral to an allied NHS practitioner.
- Osteopathy - which primarily works through the neuro-musculo-skeletal system.
- Chiropractic - a treatment which is primarily concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Physical Therapy (‘Physio’) - which uses physical exercises and movement to help restore healthy function to the muscles and joints, as well as use of such treatments as hydrotherapy, ultrasound etc.
Clinical Massage Fusion® - What is it?
Above: Muscle discomfort can be experienced in all muscles in the body, even the face and jaw.
Clinical Massage Fusion® at Body and Mind Studio® includes, but is not limited to, some of the following disciplines:-
Advanced Clinical Massage
Advanced Clinical Massage consists of a blend of the following therapies:-
- Amma Fusion/Massage Fusion - this uses an exciting blend of the most effective Eastern massage techniques and draws from disciplines such as Acupressure, Table Shiatsu, Tuina and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Power Effleurage - a highly powerful technique that may help release muscle tension and induce deep relaxation and nurturing into the receiver.
- Sports massage - which is believed to stimulate circulation of blood and lymph fluids, but also uses many techniches used in Swedish massage as well as other techniques including trigger point therapy (see below) to break down adhesions (knots in the muscles), myofascial release (see below) and stretching (see below) to increase the range of motion for example as may be required in the treatment of a ‘Frozen Shoulder’.
- Trigger Point Therapy (TPT) - one of the great discoveries of Western bodywork and is the basis of techniques such as neuromuscular therapy (NMT). TPT was pioneered by Dr. Janet G. Travell (1901-97) in the 1950’s and who, as personal physician to two U.S. Presidents, famously treated President John F. Kennedy who was injured in World War 2.
- Myofascial Release (MFR) - which aims to restore mobility in the fascia and soften connective tissue that has become rigid. A healthy fascia system is integral to good health.
- Stretching - a variety of stretching techniques are used during the Clinical Massage Fusion® treatment.
- Teaching Self Care Strategies - We will suggest ways that you can help yourself to reduce your discomfort through associated treatments and home disciplines including, but not limited to, lifestyle changes, home stretching, Yoga and some Chinese Nutritional Therapy/Generative Medicine principles. We will also explain the importance of regular massage to help keep your body in peak condition and to help reduce the chances of your discomfort returning in the future.
Andullation® Therapy using the ANDUMEDIC® 3 and the ANDUFLEX®
Body and Mind Studio® were one of the first companies in the United Kingdom to introduce the revolutionary ANDUMEDIC® 3 to compliment our range of massage and personal wellness services, and is an important component of Clinical Massage Fusion®. Just a 15 minute treatment per day has been clinically proven to help assist with many acute and chronic conditions. The ANDUMEDIC® is a Type IIa Medically Approved Device in Germany.
- Andullation® Therapy Massage - The ANDUMEDIC® 3 is a medically approved device which uses Andullation® Therapy with great effect.
Meridian Stretch Massage
- Fisiocrem™ SOLUGEL, an herbal massage cream containing the well known herbs Arnica, Hypericum, Calendula and Melaleuca is used towards the end of a Clinical Massage Fusion® session.
- Kinesio Taping - Elastic therapeutic muscle taping.
All techniques and treatments are selectively combined by your therapist, who treating the client as a unique individual, approaches persistently shortened soft tissues with a view of restoring their natural function using the above treatments and therapies, while keeping the whole client in mind.
Areas of the body we work on using Clinical Massage Fusion®
Above: Muscle discomfort in the lower back is a common occurrence for many people.
All muscles in the entire body from head to foot can be treated using Clinical Massage Fusion® including:-
- Head, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint), Face and Jaw
- Neck and Shoulders
- Shoulder Girdle
- Wrists and Arms
- Ribs, Thorax and Abdomen
- Lower Back
- Hip and Pelvis
- Leg, Knee and Foot
It is important to note that we do not diagnose conditions at Body and Mind Studio®. We are trained and fully insured to use all aspects of our Clinical Massage Fusion® components, and we only work on the symptoms presented to us with techniques we are trained to use. For those looking for some clinical evidence of how these amazing techniques work, further information can be found by clicking here.
PRACTITIONER: Paul Hopfensperger MIfHI MCMA
Clinical Massage Fusion® is a registered trademark of Body and Mind Studio Limited.