Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Roman Chamomile - 10ml - Sweet, Fruity Aroma Offering a Relaxing & Calming Effect
Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Roman Chamomile has a sweet, fruity aroma which offers a relaxing, calming effect on the body and spirit, the oil provides a gentle soothing effect on the skin.
Roman chamomile is extracted from the flower and the upper parts of the plant and has a sweet, fruity aroma. It has excellent calming properties, and is said to ease irritation and impatience. The medicinal use of chamomile dates back thousands of years to the Romans, Greeks, and ancient Egyptians, and Hippocrates is said to have used chamomile as a herbal remedy.
Chamomile is excellent for skin problems dry or itchy skin, and the gentle soothing properties of Roman Chamomile essential oil eases sprains, strains when used with a cold compress. It has an antispasmodic effect that is highly effective for relieving abdominal or period cramps as well as nausea.
Essential Oil: 100% Organic Roman Chamomile. Chamaemelum nobile (Anthemis nobilis).
- Aromatic Description: Sweet, Fruity.
- Plant Part: Flowers.
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation.
- Source: France. Bottled in the UK.
- Main Elements: a- pinene, b-pinene, d-limonene.
Uses and Benefits
- Diffuse in one of our Essential Oil Burners or Vaporise and inhale to calm tension or stress headaches, settle nerves, and to aid restful sleep.
- Massage after blending with one of our Organic Carrier Oils to relieve aching muscles, joints and ease cramps.
- General: Apply diluted to joints, sprains, and dry skin. Use a cold compress.
- Bath time: Add to bathwater.
Do not ingest essential oils. Never use undiluted.
Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour.
Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.