Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Tea Tree - 10ml - Cleansing, protective, rejuvenating properties, for the Body and Mind
Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Tea Tree - 10ml has a distinct, camphorous, medicinal aroma with cleansing, protective, rejuvenating properties, for both the body and the mind.
Tea Tree Essential Oil is the concentrated liquid compounds steam distilled from the leaves of the tree Melaleuca alternifolia, native to Australia. Australian aborigines are known to have used leaves for medicinal purposes for hundreds of years.
The oil is claimed to have valuable antiseptic and anti-fungal properties due to constituents called terpenoids. Tea tree is a well-known oil for cleaning and protecting the skin, and is popular for use in treating skin problems, infections and for foot care. The spicy, camphorous properties in tea tree oil are said to be useful for relieving congestion, and cold symptoms, and it is believed to soothe aching muscles and joints. When added to bath water it helps control bacteria. The powerful aroma of tea tree oil helps to relieve fatigue, improve concentration and clear the mind. Inspires self-confidence, enhances endurance and inner strength.
Essential Oil: 100% Organic Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia).
- Aromatic Description: Camphorous.
- Plant Part: Leaves.
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation.
- Source: Australia. Bottled in the UK.
- Main Elements: Terpinene, eucalyptol, a-pinene, b-pinene.
Uses and Benefits
- Diffuse in one of our Essential Oil Burners or Vaporise and inhale for antiseptic, antibacterial, decongestant properties.
- Massage after blending with one of our Organic Carrier Oils to soothe aching joints and muscles, to clean and protect the skin.
- Bath time: Add to bathwater to control bacteria.
- General: Apply diluted to oily skin for cleansing, and to toenails for anti fungal qualities.
Do not ingest essential oils. Never use undiluted.
Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Possible skin sensitivity. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.