Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Lavender - 10ml - A floral, refreshing fragrance with relaxing and uplifting effects
Lily & Loaf - Organic Essential Oil - Lavender - 10ml is a floral, refreshing fragrance with relaxing, uplifting effects, a fresh, sweet and slightly fruity aroma which can uplift and relax both the body and the mind.
Lavender essential oil is steam distilled from the lavender plant (lavandula angustifolia). In ancient Greece and Rome, lavender and its essential oils were used as medicine, to make healthful teas, as perfumes and for bathing and personal hygiene products.
For centuries lavender has been used for various ailments from minor cuts and bruises to chronic diseases. The sweet fragrance of lavender can uplift the mind whilst relaxing the body, making it ideal for balance and calm. In aromatherapy, it is often used to combat low mood and fatigue. It is believed to be effective in easing symptoms associated with joint and muscle pains, and menstrual discomfort. It is also known to benefit restful sleep and relaxation.
Essential Oil: 100% Organic Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia).
- Aromatic Description: Sweet, Floral.
- Plant Part: Flowering Tips.
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation.
- Source: France. Bottled in the UK.
- Main Elements: Linalool, linalyl acetate.
Uses and Benefits
- Diffuse in one of our Essential Oil Burners or Vaporise for a pleasant fragrance to uplift the mind and relax the body.
- Massage after blending with one of our Organic Carrier Oils for joint and muscle discomfort, relaxation and balance.
- Bath time: Add to bathwater for relaxation.
- General: Apply diluted to feet, or drop onto pillow for a restful sleep.
Do not ingest essential oils. Never use undiluted.
Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Possible skin sensitivity. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.